2000 Sabre 452
Yacht price :
Just Returned from a Great Season of Cruising and Sailing: Asking Price Reduced $50,000
Alliance is a very desirable Sabre 452 that has been diligently maintained by very competent owners who grew up sailing and maintaining quality yachts. There are lots of nice well thought out features Sabre put on the 452 and more that the owners have added over the years. In 2017 they installed a new B&G Zeus 3 Multifunction chart plotter with 4G Radar, includes Precision 9 compass and AIS with built in WiFi repeating capability.The generator has a feature designed to hook up and be used as an emergency bilge pump. There's more. It's the perfect yacht for a couple or 2 couples who want BOTH the performance of a great sailing boat and the comforts of a great cruising boat.
- Annapolis (Bert Jabins), MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Sabre Design Team - Jim Taylor Yacht Designs
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 45 ft - 13.72 meter
- 14 ft 1 in - 4.29 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 26900 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 6 in - 1.68 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Yanmar 4JH3-7E
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 75 (Individual), 75 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 200 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
a new water heater, new cushion covers to match the original ultrasuade, a 155% #1 Genoa Fusion X w/ foam luff and UV cover (2009 Quantum), #3 Jib Dacron (North), Mainsail Fusion X fully battened w/ Antal hardware and Dutchman system (2009 Quantum), Asymmetrical ARIX 700N Spinnaker with dousing sleeve (2009 Quantum), #4 Jib Dacron and Storm Trysail Dacron. All sails have been stored inside, washed w/o chemicals and inspected annually with repairs as needed and are in very good condition. Storm sails are a bit dated but in good working condition.
- The mechanical equipment has been professionally winterized annually and all are in good working condition.
- MAST- Remove all rigging and attachments and replace fittings as needed. Paint mast with matching Awlgrip. All fittings to be re-bedded when attached.
- Strip and paint carbon spinnaker pole.
- New Dodger and Bimini by Price’s Canvas.
- Strip and apply 5 coats of Cetol to all external teak.
- Rebuild all Lewmar hatches including new gaskets and hinge seals.
- Replace bottom cushions with matching ultra-suede in Salon.
- New 5/8” jib sheets.
- 2017 B&G Zeus 3 Multifunction chart plotter with 4G Radar, includes Precision 9 compass and AIS with built in WiFi repeating capability.
- 2017 New Forward head macerator pump
- 2017 Rubrail repainted with Awlgrip
- 2017 Boom restored and repainted. New sheeves, new outhaul control lines, new tang bushings and pins.
- 2017 Total factory rebuild on Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- 2017 All new seals installed on aft Vacuflush head system
- 2017 New propane regulator/solenoid assembly and one new tank
- 2017 Forward hatch re-bedded to deck.
- 2016 Center hatch re-bedded to deck.
- 2016 Installed new compressor bracket assembly, with new refrigerant lines, regulators and attachments for engine driven refrigeration.
- 2016 New Harken traveler blocks, bearings and control lines
- 2016 Custom fitted Wichard snap shackles installed for quick release on roller furling jib.
- 2015 New Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/110-3 battery charger.
- 2014 Replaced aft Air conditioning unit and control pad.
- 2013 New Lewmar windlass
- 2012 New Sea Frost refrigeration condenser
Access to the turbo-charged 4 cylinder Yanmar diesel is provided by pneumatic lifting arms on front hinged panel, and by removal of insulated cherry housing in aft cabin. It is easy to access all normal service points on this engine. The engine compartment is lighted, has an integral drip pan, an exhaust blower, and flexible four point engine mounts. Dual 12 v alternators for ship's batteries and starting batteries respectively.
- MAX PROP feathering 3 blade prop
- Spurs (line cutters on shaft)
- Racor fuel filter/separator
- Flexible engine mounts
- Engine panel in cockpit has tach, hour meter, volt, oil, & temp guages.
- 100 g aluminum fuel tank
- Electric fuel gauge at nav station
- PSS dripless shaft seal.
IJPE : 1028.58 sq ft
I : 59.58 ft
J : 17.58 ft
P : 52.58 ft
E : 19.17 ft
Working Sail Area : 1028.00 sq ft
Keel Type: Modified Wing
Ballast: 10850 lb
Displacement: 27150 sq ft
Max Draft: 5.50 ft
The Sabre 452 has been thought out down to the smallest detail with safety, comfort, and confidence at the forefront of every design and engineering decision. Her design incorporates hundreds of innovative ideas and details, many gathered from discussions with some of Sabre's 2,000 boat owners. Efficient and easy to understand plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems will minimize maintenance time and allow more sailing time. The Sabre 452 offers a two cabin layout, with the owner's stateroom with head and stall shower forward. This luxurious stateroom offers a large island double berth, many convenient drawers, and 2 large, cedar-lined hanging locker. Ventilation and light are superb. A full length mirror graces the bulkhead. The head counter surfaces are of Corian and the sole is ceramic tile. The standard head is a Vacuflush unit with matching ceramic sink. There's even a convenient laundry hamper. The standard interior of the Sabre 452 is built of American Cherry, but both teak and Honduran Mahogany are available as options. The chart table has all the space needed for today's sophisticated electronics systems and ample space for paper charts and navigation tools. A full seven cubic feet of refrigerator space is accessible through two top lids and a front door. The front opening door even has recessed shelves, just like a domestic refrigerator. The microwave oven is powered by a standard 2500 Watt inverter (On Alliance it is only 110 shore power). Dry storage volumes are spacious, with one cupboard big enough for a lobster pot. Many hatches and ports fill the cabin with light and fresh breezes. The area to port will seat six adults in comfort while the starboard settee offers a clever fold-down table for light meals, a drink, or a book. For convenience and security, Sabre provides a switch at the companionway which illuminates the courtesy lights and an overhead light at the chart table. A dimmer has been added to the overhead light circuit to add ambiance to this luxurious space, and behind all of the beautiful furnishings and bright ideas is an abundance of storage space.Equipment List
Sabre 452 Specifications - Standard Equipment Hull Construction - Single unit, balsa cored, hand-laminated fiberglass of alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving. - Isophthalic NPG gelcoat. - Below waterline chopped strand glass and vinylester resin as a back up for ISO NPG gelcoat. - Internal deck-to-hull joint. - Boot and cove stripes. -
Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull providing integral, structural strength - Choice of step or traditional transom Deck Construction - Single unit, hand-laminated fiberglass with balsa core for stiffness, and marine plywood in lieu of balsa in high stress areas. - Deck bonded to hull using stainless steel thru-bolts every 6'' with aircraft style locknuts - 3M 5200 caulking used as sealant in hull-deck joint
Steering System - Edson wheel steering with 48'' Comfort Grip Destroyer wheel, guard, and brake. - 5" Ritchie compass mounted in stainless steel binnacle. - Emergency tiller stored in cockpit locker. - Balanced rudder is molded fiberglass bonded to a carbon fiber rudder stock Cockpit - One deep storage locker to port - Two lazarette lockers - Cockpit locker to starboard with Lewmar hatch to aft cabin. - Winch handle pockets in coamings. - Solid teak cup holder on pedestal. - Two cockpit scuppers to seavalves. - Stove fuel storage locker in port side deck.
Transom boarding ladder with teak treads. Chainplates - Stainless steel, thru-bolted to chainplate bulkheads bonded to the hull. Grounded to the keel and mounted well inboard for optimum sheeting angles.
Auxiliary Power - Yanmar 75 hp 4JH3-TBE 4 cyl. fresh water cooled diesel with reduction gear. - 12 volt 100 amp Balmar alternator for ship's batteries. - 12 volt 80 amp alternator for engine start battery
100 (approx.) gallon custom aluminum fuel tank, deck filled, shutoff valve, vented and grounded. - Racor fuel filter - water separator. - Raw water intake strainer with wrench. - Engine oil drip pan. - Flexible four point engine mounts minimize vibration and noise. - Engine compartment exhaust blower. - Engine compartment light. - Complete engine access provided by sound and heat insulated removable panels - Tachometer, hour meter, volt, oil, and temperature gauges are recessed in cockpit face. - Mechanical fuel gauge on tank.
Stainless steel prop shaft (1.375" dia.) passes through a glassed-in shaft log, PSS shaft seal with bronze strut and three-blade sailor propeller. Keel - A modern section wing keel cast in lead with antimony added for strength. - Thru-bolted to a reinforced hull keel sump with stainless steel bolts with bronze nuts.
Mast - One piece aluminum, keel stepped, mast with triple airfoil spreaders, masthead rig with white finish. - Masthead with 2 forward halyard sheaves - Internal main and genoa halyards. - Hall Quik Vang led aft. - Spare halyard exits. - Pre-wired with VHF radio cable. Boom - Aluminum, white painted finish. - Internal clew outhaul led aft - External boom topping lift. - Two sets of internal Jiffy Reefing led aft
Electrical System - Two 12-volt deep cycle marine service batteries One dedicated engine start battery. - Twin 30A - 110 volt shore power system GFI protected in galley and head - (2) 50 foot shorepower cords - Heart 2500 watt inverter-battery charger -
Microwave oven in galley - 9" TV - VCP in main salon - Cabin courtesy lights - All wiring is tinned, color coded, numbered and meets USCG regulations - Master AC-DC panels with volt and ammeters, marine circuit breakers and polarity indicator
Deck Hardware - 12 volt Lewmark anchor windlass. Rope - chain gipsy - Inboard genoa tracks aluminum T 1-1-4" x 3-16'' x 12' - Inboard tracks are recessed into the deck tooling. - (2) Chrome cowl vents protected by stainless grab rails - Stainless steel companionway handrail - 16' Outboard tracks with end stops and jib lead blocks. - Inboard tracks supplied with sheet lead blocks. - Main sheet led to ball bearing cabin top traveler, and aft to a two-speed self-tailing winch. - Custom stainless steel mast collar with provision for halyard and turning block attachments.
Two 12" 4-bolt cleats forward, mid deck and aft. - Self-draining foredeck, divided anchor locker with drain and stainless pad eyes to secure end of anchor rodes. - Two recessed deck scuppers. - Stainless steel mid-rail chock fitted into each toerail. - Pulpit, stern rail and stanchions are custom fabricated of stainless steel thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates Toe rails are 1.25" dia. Lower rails and stanchions are 1" - Double lifelines of vinyl coated stainless steel cable with port and starboard boarding gates with braced stanchions. - Lifeline terminals and turnbuckles are swaged stainless steel. - Solid teak handrails and 3" high teak toerails. - Main and genoa halyards led aft. - (2) Wichard fold-down pad eyes in cockpit for safety harnesses Winches - (2) Lewmar #48 CCST two speed winches for main sheet, main halyard, outhaul, genoa halyard and reefing - (2) Lewmar #66 CCST self-tailing two speed primaries. - Two 10" chrome winch handles, one 10" chrome lock-in. Standing Rigging
Headstay, Wire 1 x 19. (Navtec Rod Optional.) - Backstay, upper shrouds, intermediate D2 and D3 and lowers are all Navtec Nitronic 50 Alpha Rod - Spreader and turnbuckle boots, shroud covers - Sail Tec Hydraulic backstay adjuster Running Rigging - Main halyard Spectra with headboard shackle. - Genoa halyard Spectra with snap shackle - Polyester double braid main sheet. - Polyester double braid genoa sheets. - Traveler control lines. - Jiffy reefing lines.
Accommodations - Polished SS double galley sink. - 12 volt refrigeration unit in galley - 6' 6" headroom in main and aft areas, with 6' 4" headroom in forward sections. - Forward cabin has a 6' 8" Island berth. (Vee-berth available) - Main cabin has two settee berths; port berth converts to a double. Berths are 6' 8" long,
Aft-cabin with 6' 8" full width double berth. - Storage in aft-cabin settee. - Lockers and shelves in aft-cabin for storage. - Large cedar lined hanging lockers in forward and aft cabins. - Optimized area for instrument installation, storage locker space and panel arrangement at the chart table. - Main cabin berthback lockers with louvered doors. -
Two heads with showers. - Forward head has stall shower, tiled floor and ceramic sink. - Thick foam cushions provided, covered with a durable fabric, zippered for ease of removal and cleaning. - Vacuflush toilet in aft head. - Vacuflush WC in forward head - Lights in cedar lined hanging lockers. Ventilation and Light - (11 ) Deck hatches with interior trim and provision for screens.
Main cabin recessed fixed port lights of Marguard Lexan. - (2) Chrome dorade vents - (2) Opening ports in the aft-cabin - Stainless steel opening ports in main and forward cabins - Acrylic sliding companionway hatch with fiberglass spray hood and solid teak hatch boards. - Hatch boards have positive locking mechanism for use when sailing offshore. - Screened hatch boards. Sabre Features - Salon cabin sole floorboards lock in place - Convenience Tool Kit. - Cockpit locker and engine compartment lights. - (4) type ABC fire extinguishers. - Activated carbon water filter. - Recessed thru-hulls with Marelon seavalves. - Hoses below the waterline are double clamped. - Double icebox with two top lids and one front access. - (4) Burner Propane Gas Systems stove with oven. - Varnished cherry interior finish. ....... - Automatic electric bilge pump. - Manual, cockpit mounted bilge pump. - Laminated trim on shelving and berth tops. - Ash hull ceilingsWalk Through
Gorgeous satin finished cherry interior featuring 2 private staterooms fore and aft and 2 heads. Forward stateroom with ensuite head and separate shower stall was custom designed to maximize storage and berth size. Standard 452 had 1 hanging locker in this cabin. "Alliance" features 2 large cedar lined hanging lockers, a queen double, extra drawers, and LOTS of floor space. It's a beautiful, well ventilated, and easy-to-move-around-in owner stateroom.
In the luxurious and functional main salon, the adjustable hi-lo cherry dinette table has a leaf which can be added as desired. The dinette table moves on a custom track to allow port settee to be made into a large double berth. .... In addition to the louvered cherry locker doors and fine joinery in evidence throughout, the salon has a hidden TV/stereo cabinet, hidden wine locker, 2 deep book shelves, loads of good storage, and a custom fold-out side table in the middle of the starboard settee (the back cushion folds down to reveal a pop-up cherry side table). The salon cushions, covered in ultrasuede, were custom ordered with extra foam in bottom cushions for maximum seating comfort.
Forward facing nav station on starboard size has comforatble seat with cushioned backrest, good sitting headroom, large opening chart table, full AC/DC electrical panel, and lots of room for the flush mounted electronics. It is well lit, comfortable and secure, even in heavy seas.
Galley (see below) to port of companionway. Aft cabin, featuring double hanging lockers, large double berth, one large and one small opening HATCH overhead, and 2 opening ports. Aft head, a step from the companionway, may be accessed from main salon or from private access through aft cabin.
- Ultrasuede fabric in main salon
- Contrasting ultrasuede at nav seat.
- Optional lighted wine storage locker in main salon
- Hella cabin fans
- 9 inch TV / VCP mounted inside locker
- Stereo with 6 CD changer
- Lockers w/ hinged louvered doors have varnished cherry interior finish.
- Hi-lo cherry dinnette table adjusts to "cocktail size" or full 4' length.
- Custom ordered (separate circuit)red Cantalupi night lights.
- Cantalupi wall lamps in lieu of std lighting.
- Cabin sole has several interlocking, removable boards for maximun bilge access.
- Large deck hatch with hinged cherry screen.
- Cabin courtesy lights with "on" switch at companionway.
- Forward head with separate shower stall, VacuFlush head, macerator, separate holding tank, corian counter, fan, tile floor, 2 large lockers, and laundry bin.
- Aft head w/ shower, optional VacuFlush head,macerator, separate holding tank, wet locker, corian counter, opening port and hatch.
- Custom ordered separate TANK WATCH systems (2) for fore & aft holding tanks.
- Queen forward berth has upgraded "Swedish foam" mattress.
- Weems and Plath brass ship's clock
- Weems and Plath barometer
- 4 Dorade vents
- SeaFrost refrigeration w second freezer plate
- SeaFrost 110 Volt or Engine Driven shore assist option
- Refrigerator/freezer has 2 separate compartments. Freezer opens from top. Refrigerator opens from front and top.
- Foot pumps at sink for manual fresh water and refrigerator pumpout.
- All latches on locker doors, in galley and elsewhere, are positive locking devices - a great safety feature.
- Microwave flush mounted (runs directly off shore power or thru generator)
- Corian counters throughout.
- Custom ordered corian covers for undermounted polished stainless sinks.
- Upgraded, custom ordered 3 burner Force Ten Stove with broiler and see-through black glass door. Stove is gimballed, and one of three burners is hi BTU output. Stove has solid maple cutting board top.
- Custom/optional louvered door locker over stove. (see photos) On standard boats this is open space.
- Aft A/C unit is ducted directly into galley.
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
Owner has serial port at nav station for laptop interface communication with GPS and Raytheon network. Plug in your laptop with your choice of navigation software, and go anywhere with these electronics.
- Raytheon ST 80 Masterview over cmpwy
- Raytheon ST 60 depthsystem over c'pwy
- Raymarine ST 60 Speed over cmpnwy Raymarine ST 60 Wind inst. over cmpwy
- Raymarine St 60 Close haul/VG @ cmpwy
- Raymarine ST 60 Multi at nav station
- B&G 4G Digital with display at helm station
- Radome on Kato stainless mast mount
- Raymarine ST 7000 Type 2 hydraulic linear drive autopilot
- Raymarine ST 600 R autopilot remote (30' cord plugs in at cockpit locker)
- 5" Ritchie compass in stainless binnacle
- Tri color masthead strobe light
- Electronics at helm are housed in large NavPod.
- Electronics over cmpwy are housed in Sabre custom molded instrument box.
- Lightning dissipator at masthead
- UFO TV/FM antenna at masthead
Electrical AC/DC panel includes lighted breaker switches, reverse polarity indicator, voltmeter, anmeter. Inverter capable breakers are specially marked.
All wiring is tinned, color coded, and labeled. Sabre supplied wiring schematic for vessel.
- Mastervolt 12/110 Battery Charger
- Link 2000 battery monitoring system
- 12 V plugs at nav station, cockpit and anchor locker.
- Twin 30 amp-110v shore power system with (2) 50 foot 30 amp cords.
2009 Quantum Mainsail Fusion X 9 0z, with full (4) battens and Dutchman system.
2009 Quantum #1 (155%) with Sunbrella leech covers (replaced 2012) and foam luff.
North #3 Norlam jib complete inspection and repair in 2015
Quantum Airx .75 oz asymmetrical spinnaker with ATN dousing sleeve.
#4 Storm Jib with tack pennant (attaches to inner forestay)
- ANTAL mainsail slide system w/ 6 cars
- Spinnaker pole track with 2:1 control lines and car on mast
- Hall carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Rod rigging
- Harken Unit 3 roller furling unit
- DUTCHMAN mainsail handling system
- Custom stainless mast rail - greatly enhances access to mainsail headboard and makes securing the mainsail cover easy.
- Main halyd to optional Lewmar 48 CCST (self tailing)winch on mast (can be led aft)
- Jib halyd (to optional 48 ST winch on mast)(can be led aft)
- Spinnaker hlyd (to cleat on mast)
- Reef line 1 & 2 led to cockpit
- Mainsheet led to cockpit
- Outhaul led to cockpit
- Hall Quikvang led to cockpit
- SailTec backstay adjuster
- Primaries upgraded to Lewmar #66/3CCST 3-speed self tailing winches ($8,500.00 upgrade)
- Cabin top winches in cockpit upgraded to Lewmar 54 CST.
- Dodger and Bimini New in 2018
- "Toast" dodger with aft and side handrails. "Strata glass" upgrade
- "Toast" bimini w/ sighting window
- "Toast" connector w/ large, covered clearview window
- Sailcover w/ Dutchman cutouts
- Primary winch covers
- Zippered wheel cover
- Dodger has custom pockets on inside
- Dodger has additional struts for extra strength
- 2010 Bottom was Soda Blasted
- 2 coats of Inter-Protect barrier Coat
- 2 Coats Interlux Gold Ablative
- Step transom option with teak decking on main platform
- Contrasting nonskid on deck:
- Sabre white deck, Beige non-skid
- Custom teak cockpit sole
- Solid teak custom coaming caps (see photo)
- Edson drop leaf teak cockpit table
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Optional teak trim rings on coaming pockets
- Balanced rudder on carbon fiber rudder post
- Hatch boards - 3 sets (one solid teak, one screened, one Lexan w/ dual opening functions)
- Optional rubrail (teak w/ stainless striker)
- Wing keel
- Micron CSC ablative bottom paint
- Leather covered 48" Edson wheel
- Groco salt water washdown at anchor locker
- Double stainless anchor roller
- Very deep divided 60/40 anchor locker
- Shore water inlet to pressure water system
- Super large cockpit locker with built in steps.
- 16000 BTU air conditioner for fwd & main cabin
- 9,000 BTU Air conditioner for aft cabin
- Accord shades on all opening/fixed ports
- Windlass w/ rope chain gypsy
- 45 lb CQR w/rope chain rode.
- Fortress Anchor
- 35' chain and 135' rope
- Masthead TV antenna
- Masthead lightning dissipator
- Firdell radar blipper on mast
- Tri-color masthead strobe light
Zodiac 6 man life raft in valise (not inspected)
Lots of spare halyards, lines, etc.
Lots of spare engine parts, light bulbs, etc.
Spare rebuilt Par bilge pump.
Fairclough full boat cover and framing.
- ST7000+ factory re-mann 2009
- B&G Zeus 3 Multi-functional with Chips for New England to Bahamas
- Ritchie Compass at Binnacle
- Ray Marine Masterview
- ST-80 wind angleand close hauled view
- ST-60 speed and depth
At Nav Station:
- Horizon VHF
- Iridium 9505A Sat phone w/cradle
- 12 volt PC mounted in Cabinet
- AC Power 2 - 30 amp shore power recepticles
- 8 Kw Panda Diesel Genset installed in 2009
- dedicated Genset Battery (2009)
- Dedicated engine start Battery
- 2 8d house Battery Bank Batteries (2013)
- AIS A&B w/transceiver
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Please feel free to call me on the cell phone 410-310-3476, text, or e-mail me at any time if you have any questions or there is anything else I can do for you.
David M. Cox, CPYB
Certified Professional Yacht Broker