2011 MJM 36z Express
Yacht price :
LOWEST PRICED MJM 36Z EVER! HAS A FRESH WAX AND IS READY FOR THE NEXT OWNER. NEW MJM HAS ARRIVED AND TIME FOR YOU TO HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY... CALL FOR A SHOWING.
The 36z Express model offers a styling option for those who prefer added solid glass on pilothouse sides, either for the looks, for operation in rougher waters to provide ventilation without having to keep the Strataglass side opening curtains down, or for a bit more security with small kids climbing up on pilothouse settees.
Slip Aweigh is a well maintained example of an MJM 36z express, do not miss this opportunity to acquire the often sought after Express model!
- 36z Express
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 39 ft 3 in - 11.96 meter
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 13100 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 2 ft 6 in - 0.76 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 9 ft - 2.74 meter
- Volvo Penta
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 220 (Individual), 440 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 200 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 98 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Manufacturer Provided Description
The 36z Express model offers a styling option for those who may prefer added solid glass on pilothouse sides, either for the looks, for operation in rougher waters to provide ventilation without having to keep the StrataGlass side opening curtains down, or for a bit more security with small kids climbing up on pilothouse settees.
One of the great benefits of all MJM designs is versatility of use, particularly in providing comfort in the pilothouse, where passengers are most usually seated underway. Yet, it's surprising to see how many boats, even 75 foot motoryachts, don't provide good all-weather seating for at least three couples where they can share the experience, converse in normal tones of voice and can see the scenery to enjoy boating for what it's meant to be...getting out of the house!
The 36z will most likely be the quietest running boat among MJM designs. That's saying something, because they all have low noise levels thanks to extra Sounddown insulation and the strength of their epoxy construction. What makes the 36z different is the smoother running, low emission Volvo-Penta turbocharged 4-stroke diesels mounted in the stern. These are marinized versions of the diesel engines used in their luxury XC-70 wagon in Europe and are just being introduced in the U.S. market.
How Fuel Efficient? 12-14 gallons per hour at 25 knots, or about 2 nautical miles per gallon with optional twin 170 hp or 220 Volvo Penta D3, 5 cylinder diesels and OceanX titanium/ceramic coated sterndrives. But possible more important is the fuel consumption for average usage over the course of several weeks, 5 knots in the harbor and 25 knots in open waters.
Modified deep V hull with sophisticated lifting strakes and chine flats to enhance performance. Strong, light, high tech composite construction of E-glass and Kevlar over CoreCell closed-cell foam core and vacuum bagged. Solid unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP centerline keel and backbone and structural grid. PVC guardrail at hull to deck with high polish stainless rub strip. Molded quarter guard with stainless striker.
- Awlcraft 2000 Majestic Blue topsides
- Awlcraft 2000 Gold Cove stripe
- Awlcraft 2000 Insignia White Boot stripe
- Micron Plus Dark Green bottom over 3 coats of Interprotect
- Contrasting non skid, Buff Color - Deck, Swim Platform & Hardtop
- Teak covered deck in Pilothouse
- Stainless grab rails on pilot house roof and trunk cabin top
- Opening side windows forward Pilothouse
- Opening overhead hatches in Pilothouse roof - 2
- Opening hatches over galley and head
- Opening ports in trunk cabin top - 4
- Opening ports, tinted, in hull sides - 2
- Port & starboard cockpit entry doors
Entered through either port or starboard side doors, typically at floating dock level. Aft is a very generous cushioned bench seat. Bench seat swings up to provide large access to the engines and there is also a smaller service hatch. Aft facing molded in cockpit seats with storage beneath. Aft sunshade, canvas replaced 2017.
Pilothouse / Helmdeck
Up 3 steps from the Saloon to a single level space all the way through the cockpit. Stidd 500N Admiral Pedestal chairs, that lower to social height and swivel 360 degrees, port for the passenger and starboard for the helmsman. Beneath each is drawer storage. The helm is forward to starboard and enjoys an appropriate suite of electronics and engine controls. Settees port and starboard provide additional seating and can also be used as berths. All upholstery is Ultra leather. A large hatch in the sole opens to a generous storage area and the 20" W x 72" L x 40" H settee lids open to enormous sailboat style cockpit storage.
Roll up windows aft open enabling the cockpit and helmdeck to become one space.
Below along the port side with Corian countertops generous storage in 3 drawers for flatware/utensils and sliding door outboard cabinets. Enclosed trash bin with swing door access. Hanging locker just aft
- 12v SeaFrost Refrigerator/Freezer w/ 2 ice trays - top & drawer loading
- Seagull water filter system
- Single burner ceramic cooktop
- Stainless Microwave oven
- Large stainless sink w/removable Corian cover
Saloon is the lounge layout with large wraparound settee forward surrounding a cherry double leaf removable table. Bolstered Ultra Leather covered cushions convert to twin berths. A removable filler insert piece allows conversion to a large double berth with the addition of filler cushions. Hull sides are planked in varnished Cherry sheathing. Bookshelves and storage outboard and above and top access storage below the settees. Satin finished Cherry bureau and entertainment center in the starboard corner. There is an enclosed head/shower, starboard aft. Cabin sole is varnished teak and holly.
The 4 overhead hatches have combination OceanAir screen and shades. The six opening ports can be darkened with pull shades and have removable screens. Reverse cycle A/C and heat for the saloon and helmdeck.
- Volvo Penta 220 hp D3A engines - approx 650 hours
- Volvo Penta OceanX Stern Drives
- Propellors - 3 blade stainless
- Volvo Penta Joystick control
- Volvo Penta dual lever electronic shift & throttle controls
- Volvo Penta engine function display
- 2018 Bow thruster installed
- MarineAir 16,000 BTU reverse cycle A/C & heat - Saloon, Head & Pilothouse
- Racor fuel filters - 2
- Lenco Trim Tabs
- Automatic engine room fire suppressant system
- Electric windshield wipers w/washers
- VacuFlush fresh water head system
- 10 gallon hot water tank
- Cockpit shower, hot & cold
- 110 volt AC/12 volt DC ships system from shore or generator
- Custom MJM fabricated electrical panel with gauges and battery switches
- Northern Lights 5 kW generator - 202hrs
- Heart Freedom 30 Inverter Charger
- 30 amp 50' Shorepower cords - 2
Electronics and Navigation
- Varnished teak-rimmed Edson 24" destroyer wheel.
- 2017 New Garmin XSV GPS Map
- 2017 New Garmin xHD Radar
- Raymarine Autopilot w/rudder angle indicator
- Raymarine VHF
- FLIR Night Vision Infrared camera, new 2017
- Dual trumpet stainless horn
- Remote control spotlight, bow mounted - 400,000 cp
- LED reading and overhead lights
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.