1987 Gulfstar 49 Motoryacht
Yacht price :
This is a fine example of this sought after and comfortable motoryacht. Three staterooms and three heads. Aft deck layout features an air-conditioned salon opening to a screened open deck. Many recent upgrades.
- New Garmin 4212 Chartplotter/Radar/Sounder 2011
- New shafts, dripless seals and running gear service 2011
- New upper canvas (Stamoid) 2012, New clear panels 2014.
Philos is berthed at Tidewater Marina at ICW Mile Marker Zero. Ready to head south and become your southern vacation home this fall.
- 49 Motoryacht
- Portsmouth, VA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Motor Yacht
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 15 ft 1 in - 4.6 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 10 in - 1.17 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 17 ft - 5.18 meter
- Detroit Diesel
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 540 (Individual), 1080 (combined)
- Max Speed:
Philos is an good example of this versatile motoryacht and boasts many recent upgrades by a knowledgable owner; including softgoods, rugs and carpet, interior blinds, and electrical and mechanical systems. Owner is west coast based and has used Philos as an east coast exploration and vacation platform for several years, a purpose for which she is ideally suited.
Whats sets Philos apart from many similar yachts is that two thirds of the aft deck is enclosed and fully air conditioned. It is the main salon of the yacht, and opens via double sliding doors to a fully enclosed screened "porch." In temperate weather, the entire aft deck is a continuous living space. The lower galley/dining area, which is the salon on most other motor yachts of this style, is unusually spacious as well. The dedicated engine room is accessed by its own door.
Three staterooms and three heads provide accommodations for a crowd or grand cruising for 3 couples. For live aboards, there is an apartment sized washer and dryer, full sized refrigerator, plus another small fridge on the flybridge and an ice maker in the upper salon. The master stateroom is particularly spacious with excellent storage for living aboard.
- 4 burner electric cooktop
- 110v refrigerator, can run on inverter underway
- Icemaker in Salon
- Small fridge on bridge
Engines and Generator
Philos is powered by twin 540 hp Detroit Diesel 6V-92, which are reported to have approximately 600 since major overhaul. Records of the overhaul were not on the vessel when purchased by the current owner, so the particulars are not currently available. The running gear was serviced and shafts replaced by the owner in 2008.
Generator is a 20 kw Onan with 3100 hours.
Fuel: 1 Aluminium, 675 gallons, under master stateroom berth. Fuel poilished 2011
Water: 2 Stainless Steel, total capacity 370 gallons
Holding: 1 40 gallon poly, new 2011
There is one steering station on the enclosed flybridge.
- Garmin 4212 Chartplotter/Radar/Sounder New 2011
- Robertson Autopilot. Original, functional, not interfaced with chart plotter
- 2 VHF's 1 on bridge, 1 below. Intercom function. DSC equipped
- KVH Sat TV dome
- 1 Samsung Flat Screen TV in upper salon
- Fusion stereo FM/MP3, 8 speakers
- Stereo system includes a Blue Ray DVD player
Electrical & Mechanical
- Onan 20kw genset 3100 hours
- 1 new 220v 50amp shore cord with Glendenning power retractor
- 1 110v 30amp shore cord
- Multiple adapters
- Mastervolt Smart Charger Model 12/70-3 2012
- Galvanic isolator
- Over $10,000 in electrical upgrades in 2012
- 2 Starting Batteries
- 2 4D house Batteries
- Separate battery & charger for bow thruster
- All above batteries AGM and new 2012
- Additionally there are eight 6v deep-cycle lead acid batteries to supply a Heart Inverter/Charger to provide 110v service when generator is not running.
- Hydraulic Steering
- Shafts replaced, dripless seals installed 2011
- Sidepower Bow Thruster (sized for 70' Yacht) April 2011
- Fresh water pumps: 2 inline with new accumulator tank
- Raritan 10 gallon HW tank,110ac and engine heat exchanger, New 2011
- 2 Electric Bilge pumps
- 3 sump tanks with pumps, one for each head
- 3 Unit A/C system, most components new 2012
- Fixed fire suppression in Engine room
- 3 heads with showers
- All heads Sealand Vacuflush, all rebuilt 2013
- New holding tank
- Primary anchor: CQR plow with all chain rode
- Secondary anchor: Danforth with chain and rope
- Windlass: vertical shaft Ideal with rope capstan over chain wildcat
- Dinghy: 2005 Novurania center console with VHF, compass, bilge pump, nav lights
- Outboard: 40 hp 2 stroke Yamaha
- Remote controlled search light
- Marquip side boarding ladder
Philos was purchased by her current owner in 2011 to be a platform for exploring the east coast and the Bahamas. She has served her purpose well and would make a great platform for a similar adventure or as a full time live aboard yacht. Recent overhauls to her main engines and the many systems upgrades by the current owner make her a excellent value in today's market. She has some water damage from previous window leaks in the aft cabin and could use cosmetic repair in that area, and some revarnishing in her interior. The owners focused on electrical, running gear and systems upgrades in his ownership.
She is convenient to see at our docks in Portsmouth, Virginia at the beginning of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, the perfect place to start an adventure of your own.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.