2001 J Boats J/42
Yacht price :
The J/42 offers an extremely sea-kindly hull shape, ergonomically perfect cockpit layout, and a very sensible traditional 2 head interior. Add to this a fast turn of speed and ease of sail handling and you can see why the J/42 is arguably the best performance cruiser ever built.
Hurlevent 100% fresh water boat and it shows. Her stainless is corosion free and the engine looks like new. This is a Canadian boat with taxes paid.
- J Boats
- Shelburne, VT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Hurlevent - Hull #57
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 12 ft 3 in - 3.73 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 5 in - 1.65 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 56 ft 8 in - 17.27 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 56 (Individual), 56 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 30 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 50 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 15 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The J/42 interior design has evolved from over a hundred years of voyaging at sea in comfort. The main cabin settees function as seaberths on either tack. The space is very well ventilated with opening ports, overhead hatches, dorades. There are two heads for maximum versatility. With two people aboard, the aft head can be the designated shower and sea head, leaving the forward head dry and private.
- Wallas 4D heater/ventilation - ports in both staterooms and salon - 2010
- 4 Hella variable speed fans
- Teak framed screens for all skylights - 2008
- All Cherry interior trim. Forward Facing 26x30 Nav Station.
- Satin Varnished Cherry Finish.
- Cold-Molded Fiddles and Door Frames
- Aft Double Quarterberth Cabin with 3 Opening Ports and Vent Hatch.
- Vanity & Linen Storage Outboard of Forward Head.
- Wet Hanging Locker Outboard of Aft Head.
- Bolstered Tan Ultra Suede upholstery in salon - 2009
- Epoxy Sealed Teak & Holly Veneer Floor Panels.
- Deluxe Vinyl Overhead.
- Forward V-Berth converts to twins.
- Bureaus, Dressing Mirrors & Hanging Lockers in both Staterooms. Port cabinets are enclosed. 2 Heads with Integral Showers
The "J" shaped galley is located aft near good ventilation, under the companionway hatch and two opening ports/hatches. The tray with handles on the center counter also functions as a cutting board over the sink, extra counter space on top of the stove or as a seat, when dropped onto two rails, outboard of the galley island. Trash storage under the 8" deep double sinks.
- Seafrost engine/120V/12V 6.3 cu.ft. Refrigerator/Freezer
- Double polished SS sinks with presure H/C, raw water foot pump, ice box hand pump
- Seagull water filter
- Fountainhead Counter Top
- Vertical Grab Rail.
- Gimballed 3 Top Burner Force 10 Propane Stove.Oven/Broiler with Thermostat.
- 2 10lb propane tanks
- 6 gal engine/110V water heater
Hurlevent underwent a complete electronics refit in 2009. New custom made nav pod at helm.
- Custom nav pod at helm to accomodate CP and AP controls
- Furuno NavNet 3D MFD8 CP/GPS
- Furuno RDS2D Radar Antenna
- Furuno FI 150 6 total displays with FI 5002 junction box
- Furuno 520 AP with FAP 5002 processor
- Furuno GPS 320B antenna, PG 500 flux-gate compass
- VHF at Nav w/ RAM at Helm
- B&G AP Ram - 2006
- Radar Pole
- Richie Binnacle Compass
- 3 12volt plugs.
- Molded in copper ground plane and insulated backstay.
Solar panels greatly extend Hurlevent's time away from the dock.
- 2 house & 1 engine gel cell batteries - 2008
- Link 2000 battery monitor
- 2 85A solar panles on custom SS arch w/ Blue Sky IMP remote regulator
- 30A shore power with 50' cord
- LED anchor and foredeck lights
Sails and Sail Handling
- Main dacron 2001
- 155% genoa 2001
- 100% dacron 2001
- Hall Aluminum Mast
- Carbon spin/whisker pole 2008
- Hall QuikVang
- Harken furler
- Lewmar 44STC 2-Speed Self-Tailing Mainsheet Winches at Helm.
- Lewmar 50STC 2-Speed Primary Winches
- Lewmar 44STC 2-Speed, Secondary Halyard/Spin Winches on Cabin Top
- Harken Mainsheet Traveller System.
- 6 Lewmar Superlock Rope Clutches
- 2 Spinnaker Halyards.
- Sailtec -12 Integral Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster.
Hull & Deck
J Boats uses nothing but the highest quality, most efficient deck hardware laid out for short-handed sailing. This philosophy is based on the assumption that even when cruising as a couple, someone has to get some sleep to avoid errors of fatigue. So, ideally, the entire boat can be operated without leaving the helm or with the person on watch never having to leave the protection of the dodger and cockpit, while having instant access to the navigating station below...a step away.
- Shoal keel configuration, 5'5" draft
- Cooper Coat bottom treatment. 10 - 15 year complete bottom protection 2008
- Custom Dodger,Helmsman Bimini 2009
- Wheel binacle cover
- White Vinyl Cockpit & Helm Cushions with Closed Cell Foam 2009
- Propane locker with 2 10 LB. tanks
- Anchor Locker modified for better storage
- Lewmar Ocean electric Anchor Windlass rebuilt 2011
- SS Bruce 45 w/ 100' chain and 150' rode - 2009
- Fortress 23 w/ rode - 2009
- Lifeline Boarding Gates P/S/Aft
- Stainless Grab Rails on Cabintop.
- Double-Rail Bow Pulpit & Stern Rail.
- 2 Part SS Transom Swimming Ladder w/Treads.
- 8 4-Bolt Mooring Cleats.
- Raw washdown in Cockpit.
- Padded lifeline covers.
- Cockpit shower.
- Solar powered dorade vents.
Engine & Mechanical
- 100% freshwater boat
- 3 Blade Max Prop - 2008
- Leather-covered Edson 48" Stainless Destroyer Wheel 2008
- Custom Nav Pod w/ Morse single engine control and new brake 2009
- Yanmar type C ressesed engine controls
- Balanced Elliptical Spade Rudder with 6" Diameter Shaft
- Self Aligning Rudder Bearings
- Whitlock Rack & Pinion Steering
- Aluminum Emergency Tiller
- Gobius water and waste level monitors
- Electric and manual bildge pumps
- Racor fuel filter
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.