2007 Dragonfly 35 Trimaran
Yacht price :
Dreamed of owning a Dragongfly 35?
Just reduced. $20k invested this spring. Practically perfect.
The owner of this impeccably maintained Quorning Dragonfly 35 has enjoyed his boat for 9 years and is looking for a couple or family who will enjoy and maintain it as he has. He is highly motivated to sell in the near term. If you have dreamed of owning a Dragonfly but did not think it was affordable, this is your chance. This may be the perfect Bahamas boat. Draft with the board up is under 2 feet.
- Optional Tall "Ultimate" Rig
- 2011 North Sails
- Carbon Sprit
- New nets 2017
The Dragonfly 35 is a superbly built, ocean-capable multihull which features folding amas, reducing the beam from 27' to 13' for hauling or to use a conventional width slip. This is a Category A Ocean rated vessel. Mast height is 64' so it can be moved south on the Intracoastal Waterway. Currently in Norfolk, Virginia at the top of the ICW, she can take you south this fall.
- 35 Trimaran
- Norfolk, VA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Jens Quorning & Steen Olsen
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 35 ft - 10.67 meter
- 35 ft 1 in - 10.69 meter
- 26 ft 11 in - 8.21 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 3 in - 1.91 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 65 ft - 19.81 meter
- Volvo Penta
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 30 (Individual), 30 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 21 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 37 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 16 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The Dragonfly 35 cleverly utilizes all the space of the main hull to provide comfortable accommodations for four with six in a pinch. Interior joinery is an elegant melding of Scandinavian design with traditional yachtbuilding materials. The tambour doors in the main salon storage areas are a particularly nice touch as is the teak and holly sole. Overhead hatches are fitted with screens and shades.
Forward there is a vee berth stateroom separated from the main salon by the head compartment/hanging locker. The main salon features a convertible dinette to port and galley to starboard. Aft to starboard is a large double berth with privacy curtain. There is a navigation station to port. Please refer to the accommodations plan in the photo gallery for a visual overview.
Maren has a Raymarine VHF below with RAM mic at helm, and the usual suite of Raymarine sailing instruments plus depth. It is a clean slate for an new owner to add the navigation systems of choice.
Hull & Deck
- Fiberglass sandwich construction with vinylester resin
- Foam core for hulls and wing struts
- Fiberglass centerboard
- epoxy/carbon rudder designed to kick up to prevent damage
- “Swing Wing” system allows amas to be folded in for hauling or docking in conventional slips. Folded measurements: LOA = 41'4", Beam = 12'8"
- Retractable 5’ carbon fiber bowsprit
- Flush deck forepeak hatch with access to chain locker, windlass and line storage area
- Storage in Amas
- Large trampoline areas between amas and main hull
- Transom has removable section and folding ladder for easy access
- Ronstan traveler in cockpit with Antal adjuster
- All sail handling and control lines led back to cockpit
- Jeffa direct drive steering with stainless wheel with leather covering
- (2) Anderson #46 two speed, stainless steel self-tailing winches at companionway (starboard winch is electric for main halyard)
- Anderson #46 stainless steel, self-tailing two speed primary and optional #28 secondary winches on cockpit coamings
- Cockpit deck shower with hot and cold water
- Bruce anchor in stainless, 15 kg
- All chain rode
- SS Anchor Roller
- Quick electric windlass mounted under deck
- Cockpit tent and dodger
- Docklines, fenders and CG required equipment
Sails and Rigging
- Ultimate rig with Carbon fiber mast, 5' taller than standard
- North full batten main New 2011 with Ronstan batten cars
- 3 reef points, first 2 rigged to cockpit.
- Lazy jack system
- North RF furling jib with UV cover New 2011
- Facnor underdeck furler
- Retractable carbon fiber sprit
- Running rigging for asymetrical spinnaker.
Mechanical and electrical
- 12v DC and 110v AC panels
- Mastervolt 'Battman" Battery monitor
- Eberspacher diesel heater
- Max power 80 bowthruster in tunnel
- LectraSan waste treatment system
- Hotwater heater, engine and shorepower heated
- Auto and manual bilge pumps
Maren's only owner purchased a Dragonfly 35 to provide a stable and fast platform that he could singlehand for daysailing with occasional short cruises. He has maintained her in nearly new condition since purchase. He is selling to move into grandfather mode with smaller boats and has asked us to find the right person or couple to maintain and enjoy this boat for years to come.
The Dragonfly 35 needs no introduction to sailors familiar with Quorning. For monohull sailors, she provides a splendid platform to "kick it up a notch" in performance and fun. Singlehand in modest winds at 10-12 knots, or take her where a Category A yacht can go.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Dragonfly 35 Sailing