2009 Sabre 42 Express
Yacht price :
This Sabre 42 Hardtop Express and is available for immediate delivery. With Cummins Common Rail engines combined to Zeus pod Drives, she has the best of all worlds. Quick and smooth acceleration, infinite maneuverability and station keeping will make any helmsman feel confidant. She boasts low hours, Raymarine Chartplotter/Radar, AIS and is ready to go.
Developed by the Sabre Design Team. The Sabre 42 Experss offer the best of all worlds allowing for a very functional boat that entertains well with all the comforts of home. She offers a great indoor / outdoor bridge deck that allows the helmsmen to be with his guests. This layout allows you to creek cruise in style and extended cruising with the finest Maine craftsmanship. You will be proud to own this low hour exceptionally well maintained boat.
Please call to schedule a visit as this boat will not disappoint.
- 42 Express
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Franci B
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Sabre Design Team
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 14 ft 4 in - 4.37 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 9 in - 1.14 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 14 ft 1 in - 4.29 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 425 (Individual), 850 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 450 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 160 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 60 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Sabre 42 Hard Top Express' helm deck is a careful study in ergonomics, surrounded by large opening windows and overhead hatches for maximum ventilation and light. Views for the helmsman and crew are virtually unobstructed. The Stidd helm and mate's chairs, covered in Ultraleather upholstery, provide a degree of comfort rarely found in competitors yachts. To add to cruising comfort, our engineers have reduced noise and vibration levels with a careful study of engine room ventilation and insulation. Wide side decks with large diameter stainless steel hand rails, custom stainless steel portlights, line chocks and air intakes, a standard rope chain windlass and highly polished aluminum hatches all add to the beauty and functionality of her deck. A double anchor roller makes anchoring work a breeze. An optional hard back enclosure closes off the helm deck from the cockpit with the addition of two elegant curved windows in the corners, a sliding window to port and an aluminum entry door.Below decks her hand-crafted cherry interior adds to the sense of luxury, evident throughout. The master stateroom berth is low and wide, making it both comfortable and easy to access. The head with stall shower has private access from the stateroom and from the salon. The main salon is configured with a long L-shaped settee and a custom, maple-inlaid salon table. The guest stateroom to starboard is equipped with a pull out double berth, many drawers and lockers. Her galley is equipped with an electric cook top, convection microwave oven and offers ample storage for extended voyages.
- L-Shaped settee to port with storage below
- Bar unit to starboard with sink and 120v Isotherm Refrigerator, hot and cold water faucet
- (2) manual up/down and fore/aft Stidd seats for captain and passenger
- Plexiglass covered chart locker in front of passenger chair
- Cherry table with hi/lo pedestal and compass rose inlay
- Teak decking offers a warm addition to the pilothouse
- Optional opening center windshield with (2) fixed windshield panels
- 2 opening side windows
- Overhead there are (2) opening hatches, (2) stereo speakers, (6) overhead lights and a centerline 4’ varnished cherry handrail
- (5) isinglass panels enclosed the aft end of the pilothouse
- A spacious and inviting cockpit is perfect for entertaining or relaxing
- Seating is provided through a single and a double aft facing seat and an optional fold-down stern seat all upholstered in an outdoor black/gold/cream striped fabric
- A freshwater hot/cold shower is perfect for rinsing after a swim
- Glendenning 50 amp shore cord reel
- (4) drink holders
- Freshwater spigot and city water inlet
- (3) lazerette hatches
- (2) stern hawse pipes with (2) 12” SS cleats
- (3) SS Handrails
- Sandstone Corian counters
- 12v/120v Refrigerator
- Eurokera 2 burner 120v stove top
- 120v Microwave
- (4) galley drawers
- Generous storage under the sink with shelves
- (3) shelves behind sink
- (2) lockers outboard
- Storage below the (4) hinged companionway steps
- 110v AC outlet
A very spacious separate cabin provides plenty of comfort and storage
- Queen island berth with a hinged mattress to access storage below
- (2) drawers under the berth
- To starboard is a hanging locker
- To port is a (3) drawer unit with a large locker outboard
- Under the sheer on both sides are built in lockers with a bookshelf at the forward end
- (2) SS opening portlights and (1) overhead hatch provide plenty of ventilation
- Cherry sheathing
- Large queen-size berth with hinged mattress to access storage below
- (3) large drawers with large outboard locker
- (2) 120AC outlets
- A/C vent
- Magazine rack
- (1) small overhead hatch
- (3) overhead lights
- (2) SS opening portlights
- Fiberglass vanity with Corian top
- Towel bar
- Separate stall shower with curved enclosure
- Storage in outboard locker
- SS opening portlight
A spacious, open and airy salon is perfect for entertaining and relaxing
- A large L-shaped settee is located on the port side and is upholstered in cream Ultra-suede
- A large cherry and birds-eye maple table has a compass rose inlay
- (2) lockers outboard with alcove in the middle
- To starboard is a flatscreen TV boxed in a cherry unit
- (2) small and (1) large overhead hatch
- (6) overhead lights
- (2) overhead speakers
- SS opening port
- Teak and holly varnished sole
Hull and Deck
- Imron, double boot stripe; one large and one smaller.
- Isopthalic Black gel coat
- Green bottom Paint.
- ISO-NPG Sport Yacht white gelcoat and vinylester backup resin.
- Fiberglass bow pulpit with twin anchor rollers
- Double-deep anchor lockers on either side of the bow pulpit are suitable for fenders and lines
- Lewmar anchor windlass with 250’ of chain and 45lb CQR anchor. Up/down switches are mounted on the deck at the windlass
- Wash down for anchor
- A transom door on the starboard side of the cockpit leads to the swim platform making it very easy to board
- SS flag staff holder and 5’ varnished teak staff.
- Lewmar Coastline polished aluminum hatches with Skyscreens.
- Custom stainless steel opening ports with screens.
- Bow, spring line and stern chocksMolded-in soft-gray non-skid
- Modified deep V hull design with 16 degree deadrise at transom.
- Knitted, bi-axial fiberglass laminates.
- Vacuum-bagged Airex C70 PVC foam core in running surfaces and topsides.Foam/plywood cored fiberglass stringer system with steel engine mounts
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Knitted, bi-axial fiberglass laminate with end grain balsa core.
- 1-1/4” diameter stainless steel bow rail with upper and lower rails and bow staff socket
- Marelon seacocks on thru-hull fittings below the waterline
- Fiberglass swim platform - with SS telescoping swim ladder. Swim platform also has Sea-Wise Dinghy Lift System.
Deck Features:Varnished Teak toe rail and eyebrow
Helm and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine C140 wide-screen Chartplotter with Super HD Digital open array radar
- Garmin GMI10 depth and water temp
- Precision Pilot with Skyhook autopilot
- Spotlight remote
- Garmin GHS VHF with remote speaker
- Lewmar windlass control
- Stereo remote
- Lighting rheostat
- A/C 120v outlet
- AC Grill
- Wiper controls
- Trim tabs with auto-trim
- 50-amp, 240-VAC shore power inlet and 50 ft. cord.
- Bass illuminated 110v main circuit breaker distribution panel
- Charles Industries 50-amp/3-bank battery charger.
- Onan 11.5-kw Generator - with water lift muffler, sound shield and dedicated start battery.
- (4) reverse cycle heat/air conditioning units in (2)zones
- (2) Group 31, dedicated, lead acid, engine start batteries
- (2) 8D, Lifeline AGM, deep cycle house batteries
- Battery disconnect and emergency crossover switches located in engine room
- 12v Bass illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel
- 12v Navigation lights: side, steaming, stern and 360 degree anchor light.
- Tinned wire used throughout.
Engine and Mechanical
- Cummins Zeus 3500 propulsion system with Smart joystick, engine sync, autopilot, autotrim control, cruise control
- Cummins QSB 425-hp engines, drive by wire helm with tilt steering
- Counter-rotating, rear facing props on each pod
- Reverso oil change pump
- (3) Rule 2000 gph, automatic 12-VDC bilge pumps
- (2) molded, polyethylene water tanks - Total 160 gallons
- (1) molded, polyethylene holding tank - Total 60-gallons
- Macerator pump
- 11 gal. 120v/engine-circulated water heater
- 12v hot and cold pressure water system with Paragon Junior pump
- Dinghy - AB hard bottom RIB, model 10 VS
- 20-HP Tohatsu 4-stroke outboard with power tilt
- Bilge pump
- Running lights
- Fold down helm seat
- SS console with wheel steering
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.