2012 Dufour 405 Grand Large
Yacht price :
Performance Cruising is what this boat is all about! Get there in comfort and have great sail along the way.
This boat is better than new. She has been taken care of and it shows very well. Before you buy somehting else you need to check out this boat! Dufour 405 Liberty version 2012 with 2 cabins, 2 heads and garage storage in aft stb cabin.
You need but one quick glance at the lines of the 405 to appreciate the decidedly Euro flair to the topsides profile and layout. In contemporary yacht design, long gone are the days of angled overhangs and sweeping sheer lines. On the 405 (which actually measures in at a shade under 40 feet), with its nearly plumb stem and subtle reverse-transom stern, the idea is to maximize waterline length and interior volume in as attractive a platform
Four Kids For Sail is a very nicely kept boat. Used exclusively for day sailing. She also has a few cruising class races under her belt. Note the new Doyle Carbon sails.
If your looking for comfort, style and performance; you need to take a closer look at this Dufour 405.
- 405 Grand Large
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Four Kids for Sail
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Umberto Felci & Patrick Roséo
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 39 ft 10 in - 12.14 meter
- 13 ft 1 in - 3.99 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 17800 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 8 in - 1.73 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- D 40
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 40 (Individual), 40 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 52 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 99 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
I : 47.58 ft
J : 14.75 ft
P : 44.25 ft
E : 15.08 ft
Working Sail Area : 861.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
Family yacht conceived for long distance sailing with a maximum of comfort and security Deck and cockpit Cruising yacht, easy to sail and manoeuvre, even shorthanded Spacious and ergonomic cockpit All line and winch control and handling at hand of the helmsman Compass at each steering post Twin steering wheel system, Tilting bathing platform with deep telescopic bathing ladder Life raft locker integrated into the transom New coachroof and portlight design, optionally equipped with central teak/iroko strip Interior storage facilities and doors in Moabi with inserts in Wengé Exceptional headroom in all cabins Well ventilated and very light saloon thanks to double portholes, many deck panels and ambiant LED night lighting Large and functional galley work top Refrigerator with top and front opening Hull portholes for wide visibility towards the exterior Aft heads with independant shower and many storage facilities Front cabin with ensuite heads Versions 2 cabins: Spacious saloon, L shaped galley with easy access to sail and wet gear locker. 3 cabins: longitudinal galley, big size chart table, 3 spacious double cabins
- Both cockpit seats port and starboard and the helmsman seat covered in FSC Iroko.
- 2 large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps.
- GRP steering pedestals.
- Rudder stock head under helmsman?s sole for installing the emergency tiller.
- Engine lever and control panel easily to hand for the helmsman on the starboard side.
- Transom open in centre with a tipping helmsman?s seat giving access to the swim/boarding platform.
- Gas cylinder locker starboard aft.
- Life raft stowage in dedicated locker in front of helmsman seat.
- Cockpit shower in port aft locker.
- Telescopic stainless steel bathing ladder.
- All joinery work is finished in prime choice Moabi mahogany, with fiddles, mouldings and framings in solid wood.
- Cabin doors have a blocking system in order to keep them open where necessary.
- Floor in solid Moabi wood.
- Saloon cushions and mattress fabrics have removable covers.
- The cabin linings are in stylish white marine plywood.
> > > COMPANIONWAY > > >
- Sliding companionway hatch and washboard in Plexiglas with stops and lock.
- Curved wooden steps and access to engine by lifting stair case on jacks.
- Two handrails.
- Dedicated stowage for companionway door inside the boat.
> > > FORWARD CABIN > > >
- Large berth approximately 195 cm long with a 10cm thick mattress with washable cover.
- Under the berth: 160 litre water tank and access to stowage locker.
- Full length shelf with sea-fiddle over the berth alongside the hull. Large hanging locker with shelves.
- Access to navigation instrument transducers.
> > > AFT CABIN Port > > >
- Double berth approximately 193 cm long. 10 cm thick mattress with washable cover.
- Large hanging locker with double door and shelf above.
- Shelf with sea-fiddle over berth.
- 200 litre fuel tank under starboard berth. 200 litre water tank under port berth.
- Battery switches on the vertical area of the starboard berth.
- Technical area with storage facilities between aft berths.
> > > FORWARD HEAD > > >
- Spacious head compartment with shower. Manual marine toilet, moulded washbasin, large mirror and chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- The separate shower compartment has direct drainage by an electric pump.
> > > AFT HEAD > > >
- Spacious head compartment with shower.
- Manual marine toilet.
- Bath room with integrated wash basin in synthetic «Corian ®» stone.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap hot/cold with shower head.
- Large mirror.
- The shower has direct drainage by an electric pump.
- 50 L holding tank as standard.
> > > SALOON > > >
- A large U-shaped settee is on the port side with cushions made out of foam with washable covers. A central fixed settee has a hinged stowage area underneath.
- Starboard settee convertible to two seats with center table section
- Further stowage is available under seats and behind backrests.
- Stowage lockers with doors and bookshelf above the settee.
- Big saloon table with integrated plate holder.
- Stainless steel mast pillar.
- 4 hull port lights to bring light into the interior.
- L-shaped galley in the 2 cabin version.
- Worktops in Corian®, Double stainless steel sink.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water.
- Two burner cooker with oven and grill on gimbals.
- 12V electric refrigerator unit (180 litres) with both frontal and top opening.
- Cutlery drawer and PVC stowage baskets.
- Upper cabinets, one of which can house a microwave oven.
- Crumb tray under sole.
- Volvo 40 hp (29.1 kW). Sail-drive transmission.
- Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water strainer.
- Control panel close to helmsman with hour meter, engine stop and tachometer.
- Alternator with battery isolator.
- 200 l fuel tank with gauge on electrical switchboard.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Emergency fuel shutoff handle.
- Engine room ventilation blower, and two ventilation hoses.
- Two-blade fixed propeller.
- Access to the engine from front and both sides.
- Independent engine bilge.
- Quality sound proofing using high density foam.
- Hand laminated GRP hull.
- The NPG gelcoat (the first layer of cloth is impregnated with NPG resin) forms an optimum barrier against osmosis.
- Inner moulded hull bottom, structural grid laminated to the hull. Deck in Balsa core sandwich, made by Infusion process.
- Draft 5'8", cast iron keel, bolt loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate.
- Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxyfoam.
- Stainless steel, solid stock.
On Deck Equipment
- Wooden handrails on roof.
- Wooden toe rail.
- Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, lid with locking bolt.
- Stem head fitting, double anchor roller.
- Pulpit with wooden step and separate green/red LED navigation lights.
- Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder, navigation light, and opening cable gate with hook.
- Stanchions with two levels of life line.
- Six aluminium mooring cleats. Single stainless steel chain plate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds.
- Two chain plates for the backstay.
- Two deck fillers for water and one for fuel.
- Mainsheet track on and adjustable traveller on coach roof. Boom vang.
- Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks. Genoa sheet turning blocks on cockpit coaming.
- 4 and 3 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns, mainsail sheet and reefing lines.
- Stainless steel swan neck electric/electronic cable gland.
- 9 clutches on coach roof.
- One electric Lewmar 40 ST halyard winches on the roof.
- One manual Lewmar 40 ST halyard winches on the roof.
- Two x Lewmar genoa winches on cockpit coamings close to the helmsman.
Sails & Rigging
- Two sets of sails. Original Elvstrom Dacron hybrid main and 130% genoa. 2014 Doyle carbon hybrid main and 130% genoa. 2012 North asymmetric spinnaker.
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, deck stepped.
- Anodised aluminium boom equipped with two single line reefing system.
- Genoa furler.
- Deck mounted removable sprit for spinnaker
- Continuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, double backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds.
- Pre-stretched running rigging including: Main and Genoa halyards, boom topping lift, Main and Genoa sheets, two reefing lines, outhaul line, Mainsheet car control line, furling line, boom vang tackle.
- Polyethylene tanks have a total capacity of approximately 360 litres with inspection plates and electric gauges on tanks .
- Pressurised water system, 20 litre water heater.
- Electric bilge pump with strainer and controls on switchboard. Automatic switching.
- Manual bilge pump operated from the cockpit.
- Bilge integrated in hull and keel with easy access to strainer under floor boards.
- Drainage of shower water by pumps direct to the sea, easily accessible under the washbasins.
Options and Equipment
- Wooden cockpit table with storage unit
- Dufour Yacht dining set
- Wine cellar
- Radio CD player with 2 speakers compatible for MP3
- 2 loudspeaker in cockpit for radio/cd
- Extra service battery
- Fullbatten mainsail
- Rigid Boomvang
- Lazy-bag and lazyjacks
- 2nd roof winch with organizer and clutches
- Cockpit shower (cold/hot)
- Outboard engine bracket on pushpit
- shoal keel (5'8")
- Teak wood cockpit floor
- Electric Halyard winch
- Asymmetrical spinnaker gear
- Adjustable genoa lead cars
- Life line gates (both Stb and Port)
- Blue suede cushions
- ST-70 displays Port and Stb sides
- Autopilot SPX-30 with ST-70 head and linear drive
- C-90 Color multi functional tracking at chart table
Other options added
- 120v AC/Heat revers cycle
- Wheel covers
- Cockpit table cover
- New Spinnaker halyard and extra gear
- Miscellaneous equipment and cleaning supplies
- Extra Fortress anchor
- Fenders, docklines, boat hook
- New shore power cable
- Mosquito screens
- Red/white reading light in chart table
- New Racor filter (fuel/water separator)
- Engine spare parts
- Top quality LEDs replaced all light bulbs
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.