2013 MJM Yachts 40z Downeast
Yacht price :
Stunning Twilight Grey Metallic awlgrip makes Summersalt a real head turner.
This 40z has all the right features; Volvo IPS 500 w/ joy stick & DPS, aft bimini, electric windshields, genset, AC/Heat. Natural teak in the bridge deck and aft cockpit. The interior is unique amongst 40z's. She is done in full satin varnished cherry.
The bottom looks great and the props were just reconditioned. She is ready for your next adventure.
- MJM Yachts
- 40z Downeast
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 18800 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 3 in - 0.99 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- IPS 500
- Cruise Speed:
- 33 MPH
- 340 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 370 (Individual), 740 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 43 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 350 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Items Of Note
- New Twilight Grey Metallic Alwcraft Topsides in 2018
- Full Cherry Interior
- Electric Opening Windshield
- Aft Cockpit Bimini in 2017
- 600 Hours on Volvo IPS 500
- Covered Lift Since 2015
The owners' stateroom is forward and features a large (60" x 78") island berth with side access. There are four drawers at the end of the berth and a large storage area underneath. A hanging locker is to port. Book shelves and reading lights are at the head of the berth. Two overhead hatches provide star-gazing and ventilation. Hatches and ports all have ocean air, retractable shades, and screens. Access to the head and separate stall shower is from this stateroom. The queen berth has a latex mattress with custom fitted sheets, designer bedspread, pillows and towels.
The head is located to port with dual entry from the salon or forward cabin. Vacuflush toilet, Corian counters with polished oval sink and mixer spigot. Cherry storage locker outboard with sliding doors and towel storage shelf above. Opening port and overhead hatch for ventilation.
Stand alone separate stall shower is to starboard with a seat and a towel and toiletry bin outboard.
The salon has a dinette across from the galley with two athwartship settees and a cherry table that drops with an electronic control to make a 78" berth. An opaque linen curtain anchors to the ceiling to make this a private sleeping area; Large opening ports; Flat screen LED TV is mounted on angled bulkhead facing settee. Off-white Nevamar paneling with satin varnished cherry cabinetry doors and trim. Cabin sole is varnished teak and holly.
The galley is opposite the dinette with Corian counters, cherry paneled cabinetry, and push button hardware. Plenty of storage in lockers and drawers. Stainless Isotherm 5.5 cubic foot two-drawer refrigerator/freezer. Ceramic two-burner electric stove with pop-up retainers; Convection/ microwave oven.
- Volvo Penta D6 - 2 x 370 HP IPS 500 Pod Drives
- Volvo Penta DPS (Dynamic Positioning System)
- Props tuned (8/2019)
- Spare prop set stored on board
- Lenco Electric Trim Tabs
- Racor Fuel / Water Separators
- Seafire Automatic Fire Suppressant System
- Soundown Insulated Engine Room
- Raymarine e165 Hybrid Touch Wide GPS Plotter and Display with Radar
- AIA Module
- Raymarine ST-60 Multi Function Display
- Raymarine 4 kW Digital Radar with Dome
- Raymarine VHF with Remote Speaker at Helm
- Raymarine 6001 Hydraulic Autopilot
- Fusion Stereo System with pilot house, saloon and Vberth speakers
- LED TV with Clarion DVD Player
- Northern Lights 5kW Generator (365 hours)
- 110 AC System with Mastervolt Invertor / Charger (Replaced 2017)
- 12v & 120v Electric Panel with window shade cover
- Two 50ft Shore Power Cords
- Marine Air air-conditioning; Two 16,000 BTU; reverse cycle
- Volvo 125 Amp Alternator
- LED Cabin Reading Lights
- LED Dimmable Overhead Lights
- Courtesy Lights
- 700 Amp Hour AGM Battery capacity with two 8D 245 Amp Hour House Batteries ( New 7/2017 )
- 3 Group 31 105 Amp Hour Engine and Generator Start Batteries (New 7/2017)
- Modified Deep V Offshore Hull Design
- ISO certified for Ocean Category A
- Awlcraft Twilight Grey Metallic topsides with white boot and black Micron bottom; gold cove stripe (2018)
- Transom Door to Swim Platform
- Port and Starboard Side Doors to Cockpit
- Decks, sand colored non-skid with off White Gelcoat
- Teak Decking in bridgedeck and aft cockpit
- Hard top
- Aft cockpit Bimini 2017
- Sunscreen Privacy Curtains with storage bag
- Three power opening-forward Windshields with wipers
- Two Stidd 36" 500W reclining Helm Chairs
- Full-width Stern Seat with cushions cover
- Port and Starboard Settees in Bridgedeck with storage under suitable for bicycles or golf clubs
- Varnished Teak Table
- Muir Anchor Windlass with Deck and Cockpit Controls
- Auto-launching stainless steel polished Claw Anchor with 250ft rode and 25ft stainless steel chain
- Large Cockpit Storage Locker capable of holding deflated dinghy or life raft
- Docklines, Fenders
- Telescoping Swim Ladder
- Air Horn
- Bow rail mounted 400,000 Jabsco Spotlight
- Stainless steel Cupholders
Manufacturer Provided Description
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS or Cummins Mercruiser AXIUS joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull and the Cummins with twin sterndrives. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
-Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60x78) island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette option.
- 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width doesn't exceed 12 feet and height on a trailer is less than 13.5 feet.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.