2017 MJM Yachts 40z Express
Yacht price :
Spectacular 40z delivered to her owners November of 2016.
- MJM Yachts
- 40z Express
- Unknown, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 18800 lbs
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 3 in - 0.99 meter
- Draft - min:
- Bridge Clearance:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Cruise Speed:
- 31 MPH
- 437 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 370 (Individual), 740 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 40 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 350 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
Beginning forward, the MJM 40Z has a generous master stateroom with large(60" X 78") island berth and generous storage in 4 drawers in the aft end and large plastic storage bins underneath. Dual bookcases and wide shelves are handy to both sides of the berth. There are two 19 X 19 hatches overhead, one of which is directly over the berth for watching stars at night or quick deck access which is a safe and dry way to inspect the anchoring gear without having to go on deck. These hatches plus in hull opening ports provide exceptional light and ventilation and are equipped with shades and screens. There's an ensuite shower with seat to starboard as well as a combination head/shower to port.
Just aft is the convenient and fully equipped galley to port and a settee to starboard which easily seats six. This settee offers the optional dinette It's a wonderful area which is well suited to dining, playing games, working or just keeping the cook company.
The pilot house is an expansive area with comfortable seating for eight with the wide Stidd chairs that rotate to join the conversation and two comfortable settees with a teak table for alfresco dining and cocktails.
Continuing aft is the expansive cockpit which increases the seating capacity on a single level social area to 15!
The storage is enormous with a central hatch to a utility room under the pilot house plus two cavernous lockers that will swallow up a couple of mountain bikes each under the settees.
The ergonomics of the cockpit side doors make boarding easy and safe for everyone, from youngsters to senios, abundant hand holds and nicely proportioned side decks add to the ease of moving around.
- Twin Raymarine e140 Wide color plotter with 4 KW digital radar
- KVH M3 Satellite TV receiver
- Auto Pilot
- Clarion stereo system with CD changer, IPOD jack, 400 watt amplifier and six speakers
- HD ready LCD TV
- Twin Raymarine VHF with hinged whip antenna and RAM mikes at helm
- Raymarine ST 60 depth sounder with internal oil bath transducer
- Jabsco 400,000cp bowrail mounted halogen spotlight (location avoids reflections off deck)
- Northern Lights 6 kw 1800 rpm 3 cylinder generator
- 110 volt AC system with Mastervolt inverter charger
- Shore power system with two 50' 30 amp cords
- 700 amp hr AGM battery capacity with 2 - 8D 245 amp hr house batteries and 3 - group 31 engine and generator start batteries.
- Custom MJM hinge out backlit electrical panel with 25 - 12 volt DC breakers and 12 - 110 volt AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
- Galvanic isolator
- Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
- Corian counter top with framed and paneled cherry cabinetry with push-button hardware
- Recessed polished SS sink with removable Corian cover and stainless combination faucet
- Flatware and utensil drawers (3) with Rubbermaid organizer
- Stainless Isotherm 5.5 cu ft 2 drawer refrigerator
- Additional top loading Isotherm freezer
- Ceramic 2 burner electric stove with pop up retainers
- Microwave convection 5 way oven
- Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin
- Dish storage drying bin next to sink
- Dry goods cabinets with sliding doors and intermediate shelf running full length of galley
Hull & Deck
The Doug Zurn designed 40Z hull features a modified deep - V planing hull with 19 degree deadrise aft runnng forward 13 feet which then transitions to 50 degrees forward. This combined with dual lifting strakes, chine flats and generous bow flare make for the driest ride, exceptional stability and tracking upwind or down, and a low vertical center of gravity so she'll carve into turns rather than lean outwards as low tech heavier boats frequently do.
Textiline sunshade/privacy curtains for all windows. Custom sunshade bimini for aft cockpit. 3 piece canvas fly cover for aft cockpit.
The legendary MJM fuel efficiency (as little as 50% of comparable 40 footers) is achieved through her high tech build that eliminates fuel wasting excess weight. Yet this high tech, high strength, high quality build process is certified ISO CE Mark Class A Ocean.
The ergonomics are simply unmatched starting with the innovative side boarding cockpit doors, making it safe and easy for everyone, children to seniors, to board.
The single level cockpit and pilot house sole and abundant handholds make moving about easy regardless of age or conditions.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.