SHAZAM is a rare offering and a fantastic value for anyone looking for a well found fast passage maker. The current owners of Shazam used her originally for a mixture of East Coast cruising and local racing including three Annapolis to Bermuda races and an Annapolis to Newport race. With the owners' interest in further offshore adventures in 2008,the boat was completely refitted for long-term ocean cruising with safety and cruising comfort in mind. Following the refit,the owners then sailed her double-handed across the Atlantic to the Mediterranean where they spent several years cruising the Mediterranean from west to east, visiting Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece, Turkey and Croatia. Shazam was then shipped back to the Chesapeake Bay in late 2017. You can access their blog site for more of their adventures. Sailblogs.com SHAZAM.
Equipment and Descriptions
1. Hull: Dark green Awlgrip with gold and white stripes.
2. Fuel: 50 gals in 2 tanks.
1. Teak bulkhead 2. Light striped grey/brown upholstery - New 2017 3. Force 10, 3 burner propane stove with oven and broiler 4. Seafrost 12volt refrigeration 5. Microwave Oven 700 Watts, GE JES0736
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
1. Raymarine E120 Chart plotter mounted at helm. 2. Raymarine radar 3. Raymarine ST60 wind instrument 4. Raymarine ST60 Tridata 5. Raymarine Radome scanner 6. Raymarine AIS 500 7. All raymarine instruments integrated 8. Simrad Autopilot. 9. M604 VHF Icom radio with additional microphone at helm station 10. Pactor 3 11. SSB Icom 802 12. Iridium Satellite Phone with fixed antenna 13. Magnum Energy inverter/charger 14. Kenwood Stereo KDG-MP235 with SeriusXM connection with fixed antenna 15. Small inverter for laptop 16. Mastervolt 110/240 volt transformer for shore power 17. Solar panels - Kyocera 18. Wind generator - D400 Eclectic Energy 19. See-me electronic radar reflector 20. Furuno NX-300 NAVTEX with fixed antenna 21. Philips computer monitor on swivel for use as entertainment center or navigation.
Deck and Rigging
1. Lazy Jack system for Mainsail. 2. Removable inner forestay 3. Separate mast track for trysail
1. Mainsail ?Doyle???2010 2. 100% ??North???Heavy duty for ocean sailing 3. Storm trysail?North 4. Storm Jib?North 5. No4 jib 6. Jib top. 7. Spinnaker 1 8. Spinnaker 2
1. Mainsail Cover 2. Dodger with side curtains ????New 2017 3. Custom Bimini over helm????New 2017 4. Dodger to Bimini cover with side curtains??New 2017 5. Hatch covers??????New 2017 6. Cockpit cushions?????New 2017?
1. Spectra Cape Horn Watermaker 2. Fuel Polishing system 3. Hydrovane self-steering system 4. Manson 65LBS anchor with 280 feet of chain. 5. Delta 45LBS anchor with chain/rope 6. Fortress anchor with chain/rope 7. Para sea anchor with 300 feet of line 8. Shark Drogue 9. Yamaha 2 stroke 8 HP dingy outboard 10. Espar diesel heater 11. Nicro Vents in main saloon and head 12. Cockpit table 13. Additional cabinets built in forward cabin. 14. Carbon fiber Passerelle 15. Liferaft 4 man 16. All plastic through holes replaced with bronze 17. Non drip stuffing box. 18. Transmission rebuilt October 2017 19. Bottom painted with Pettit Trinidad Pro June 2019
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.